Why is Buena Vista such a great project?
- "Shovel ready" USA based long production life magnetite project
- Direct ship Iron Ore in 2021
- Existing nearby key infrastructure such as rail and ports with most LOI's already in place
- Ready and reliable workforce
- Produce high purity magnetite concentrate which attracts a price premium
- All major development permits secured
- Low capital intensity
- Soft and easily beneficiated ore
- Record iron ore prices
Magnum is to become a leading USA iron ore exporter & green steel company
- Green Hydrogen supply to Green steel making
- Biochar from Juniper Trees to replace coal
- Positioned to capture domestic USA market demand
- Possible export of iron ore and HBI from West Coast USA to Asia Pacific markets
Magnetite the Green Iron ore of the future
STEELMAKERS ARE SEEKING EFFICIENCIES
to better manage, reduce and control emissions released during the steel during the steel making process.
THE USE OF MAGNETITE IN THE PLACE OF HEMATITE AND GOETHITE/ LIMONITE
can reduce the steel
intensity by as much as 30% during the
overall steel making
HIGH GRADE MAGNETITE CONCENTRATES
contain very low levels of impurities such as silica, phosphorus, alumina and Sulphur. This
means that during
the steel making
process less energy is required for blast furnaces to “slag off” the impurities thereby reducing
and waste products.
MAGNETITE CONCENTRATE PRODUCES MORE STEEL FOR EACH TONNE USED.
This creates the added benefit of reducing steel making costs
through lower energy requirements and
raw material inputs (such as coking coal).
THE USE OF MAGNETITE CONCENTRATE
for steel making in sinter feed blends and pellet feed is widespread and
(not just China) are available
to magnetite concentrate producers.